Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Joys of Teaching...

When I started teaching I really wondered how many funny stories and positive things I would have...well I have quite a few! I love my job and I love my class. My little kiddos are wonderful (most days :)) and I am constantly amazed at their little minds...here are just a few stories...


• This story takes place over several weeks...one student gets bored very easily. He was at home and playing in the backyard...he decided to climb the wooden fence in the yard to go out in the neighborhood. Then after the parents discovered this they put another wooden fence up-so that it was straight fence slats. At this point the student decided to get his VERY large dog to help-by playing with a dog toy and then throwing it over the fence and telling the dog to dig...student then preceded to climb after dog. That took some serious problem solving-little stinker.

• Another student decided he didn't want to come to school one day-all of my students are picked up at their homes by a bus. This student had gotten into a little trouble the day before. So the student who was at this point home with just dad decided to take all of his shoes and dad's shoes and hide them throughout the house-no two same shoes put in the same place. So dad couldn't find any pairs. The student ended up staying home for the day-at lunch dad said to him "well I guess there is no point in going to school now" the student immediately went and got all of the shoes and put them back where they belonged.

• Every day I am greeted with a bright smile from a certain little student-when I ask how the student is doing it is always "fun"-even though the student means "fine" even after correcting the student we are yet to hear anything different :)

• Another student knows Disney and Star Wars movies better than anyone I know. If you show the student a picture of any character or actor/actress the student can tell you the movie and the name of the person/character you are asking about. I have to constantly remind the student that we only play Star Wars at home-otherwise we have constant "x-wing" and "destroyer" fights and flights :) sometimes even lightsaber fingers are in our classroom.

• One more student loves to look in mirrors and will work for holding a small mirror. Even without a mirror we are constantly hearing "(insert student's own name here) cute", "(insert student's own name here) pretty", or even "cute hair"(while the student plays with own hair.

Well this is just a sampling of the last few months in my room...at least the positive ones-these things help me get through the hard times.

3 comments:

mental monika said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm always glad to hear your stories!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hollis said...

Alli,
YOu are so sweet! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I laughed so hard at your stories. oh man, kids are great! I just love the way they think and view the world.
Love always,
Holly