Saturday, February 7, 2009

Feeling it...

So we are into February...it is so hard to believe. I have definitely been feeling the pressures and responsibilities of student teaching. I am almost feeling a constant tiredness. But I am also feeling bouyed up by my husband, my family, my cooperating teacher, and some of my closest friends. It has definitely been a struggle to keep things going at points but I am happy with what I've been able to do. This last Friday I was able to have my class without my teacher(she took some vacation days) I even took them on a fieldtrip. I am so grateful for some wonderful people in the community here that are willing to give us support. We were able to go to Firehouse Pizzeria where my students got to make their own pizzas and then took a tour and even got to see their pizzas cooking. It was a great experience. The last two weeks in my practicum have been the hardest by far in my education. One student in particular has decided that they would like to challenge me as much as possible-and yet they have become one I look forward to seeing each day.
Now it's onto my portfolio and interviews...but unfortunately I am just feeling no inspiriation and just plain blah...we'll see how the next few weeks go :) Thanks again for all the support everyone!


2 comments:

The Halls of Fame said...

I am so proud of you and your dedication to school and those lovely kids!! Your now on the home stretch and I can't wait to come to your GRADUATION!!!!! You rock!! I'm always hear to lend an ear when your Joshy poo is at work :)Love you little sista♥

The Halls of Fame said...

That should have been h-e-r-e not h-e-a-r. :)It's just that I hear you with my ears and I guess that's what I was thinking. idk. Anyway, love ya again♥