Saturday, March 7, 2009

A New Chapter

So I feel I need to play catch up again. I finished up my student teaching block at the middle school. My last day we went bowling and for pizza. It was so fun seeing the kids get excited for each other and themselves for hitting even just one pin. What a great experience-these kids have taught me so many things in the last two months. My cooperating teacher was such a great example. She helped me to grow and become confident. I have only been gone a week but I already miss them.

As for the new chapter...well I began my new block in my 5th grade classroom. My new cooperating teacher is also amazing! She is letting me take the reins as much as I'm comfortable with until a week from now and then the class is all mine! A little scary I won't lie but I know it is such a great opportunity-one that many student teachers don't get. So I will move forward...getting ready for Geometry and Inherent Traits...this is going to be an interesting 2 months.

As for the other aspects of life...Josh is wonderful and is really helping me out with anything I ask. Work is going really well for him and he is enjoying his job. I am still plugging along on my portfolio-it seems like it will never end or be finished-ugh! But we're getting there and are grateful for the opportunities we have been given.

1 comment:

TheGrandys said...

Found your blog! So cute :) Were almost finished with student teaching!